Welcome to Starbase Versailles
Here on Starbase Versailles we serve a number of purposes. Versailles sits at a pivotol point within the Beta Quadrant - at the nexus or near nexus of the three major powers: the Federation, the Romulan Empire and the Klingon Empire. As such, the station is a hub of activity both politically and economically. Additionally, the federation border defense network is housed out of Versailles and with forces stretched thin after recent conflicts, the border defense network has been reinforced with crew from the Imperial Xeno Legion and is comprised of individuals from major and minor worlds of all 4 quadrants. Versailles is also responsible for oversight of the Federation colony on YaDalla - a planet that has seen its fair share of strife.
Latest News Items
Posted on Sun Mar 8th, 2020 @ 5:43pm by Brigadier General Jonathan Grey in Sim Announcement
As a result of the recent discussions, the sim will undergo a number of changes in the coming weeks and months.
Most of them will happen organically as part of the current plot. I'll try to be clear when it happens, putting details in marked Plot Logs, or announcements on Discord.
One change, however, is happening with immediate effect.
As of now, Versailles is rated 16, as defined by the PEGI system.
So, things you CAN do in logs:
- Kill folk.
- Hurt folk.
- Have sex.
- Drink and take drugs.
- Glamorise crime.
And things you CAN'T:
- Directly refer to genitals.
- Torture folk.
- Get too gross with the violence.
- Rape folk.
- Violent/sexual behaviour towards children or old folk.
- Glamorise Drugs.
For further details, see Google.
Lastly, while you may all be thrilled by the new and exciting words and topics you can now use in logs, do use common sense. Think of it like salt: it's a condiment, not a main course. This isn't McDonalds. ;)
I'm on Discord most days if anyone has questions.
Most importantly, have fun!
Brigadier General Jonathan Grey
Posted on Thu Jan 9th, 2020 @ 5:35pm by Brigadier General Jonathan Grey in Sim Announcement
Versailles is back in business!
Last year, Romulan Mimic Agents impersonated various Versailles personnel, and tried to take out the station.
However, thanks to some hard work by the entire crew, we were able to weather the storm, and develop a way to capture or kill the last of them.
Then the reason they were targeting our power grid became clear. A transport vessel dropped out of warp and *imploded*; the result of it activating a device.
An oversized, weaponized, Romulan Singularity Power Core.
Basically a black hole in a box.
Now unleashed, the black hole started to drag the partially-sabotaged Versailles into its maw. Bits were ripped off of the station, children were evacuated onto whatever ships were nearby, and waves of gravity washed over the station.
Some miracle work by our CEO allowed us to shunt every last scrap of power to the thrusters, and we juuuuuuust about made it; landing ourselves in a stable orbit far, far too close to the black hole, but alive.
The station is one step away from being a full-on wreck, though you couldn't tell from looking (because it looks like we took that step). Ceilings have fallen in, people are trapped, fires are raging everywhere, and a lot of people are panicking.
But at least you all have *great* job security. ;)
Summary: no Klingons, no Romulan Mimic Agents, no Assassins, just a wrecked station that's on fire, with a black hole out the window. Oh, and random systems will go on and off due to damage and the gravity well still warping the station, making it groan ominously.
See, even the *architecture* is tired of this.
Feel free to go ahead and log your displeasure, and the displeasure of your colleagues.
I am back full time now, and will receive JL requests at any time.
Let's fix this broken, burning tyre-fire and go for drinks. :D
Brigadier General Jonathan Grey
Posted on Mon May 27th, 2019 @ 4:03pm by Brigadier General Jonathan Grey in Out of Character
Today's theme is Good news, Bad news.
The good news is that Puppy, a longstanding member of Versailles, is being promoted to Commanding Officer.
*crowd goes wild*
Also, I will be stepping down as of today. Though you may see me in the channels every now and again, I will not be holding formal positions.
*crowd goes wilder*
Wait, what? That was the bad news! Me leaving isn't cheer-worthy!
*crowd gets hysterical with glee. Girls in the front row start to pass out with excitement*
What's wrong with you?! I'm leavin'! Bzzz-ZZZZ!
On a serious note, it's been a lot of fun logging with you all, and I hope you continue to enjoy adventures aboard Versailles.
As for the black hole, we have managed to achieve orbit by the renowned talents of our Chief Engineer. Science has been tasked with finding a long-term solution for the black hole problem, Security has riots to handle, Medical has many injured to take care of, Ops needs to really tighten peoples belts until we can get food in, and everyone can feel free to have fun with the gravity waves randomly disabling systems.
Flick off the gravity for a moment, and release the experimental monkeys! Fly my pretties, fly!
Do have fun, and be nice to Puppy. :)
Brigadier General Jonathan Grey
Former Commanding Officer
Posted on Sat Dec 22nd, 2018 @ 7:16pm by Brigadier General Jonathan Grey in Out of Character
Refugees, spies, and Klingons, oh my!
Here are some key facts going forwards, that people can feel free to use in any of their logs, without restriction.
1) There are Romulan Mimic Agents aboard the station. There could be 1 or 100, we don't know. Only the Klingons can identify them, through a DNA test, and a full body scan during a blade-runner-esque style interrogation.
- Feel free to create Klingon NPCs and identify agents at your leisure.
- Also feel free to *trigger* agents at leisure, causing them to assassinate people or sabotage stuff.
- Also also, false accusations will start to fly as word leaks out. Fun fun fun. :)
2) There are thousands of refugees aboard. Some have integrated into the station's population, but most still live in the secured Shanty Town. Feel free to log about aid agencies, the brown-outs and rationing caused by their drain on resources, and the perpetual hate crimes and theft between the refugees and wider population.
3) The Klingons are aboard station in numbers, and they have full access. Some will be reasonable, sober, and intelligent. Many won't be. Feel free to start arguments, pick fights, and generally have fun.
Ping me with any questions. :)
Happy holidays all!
Posted on Mon Dec 3rd, 2018 @ 4:42pm by Brigadier General Jonathan Grey in Sim Announcement
As you may have noticed, the planet of YaDalla is now gone. The thousands of refugees on Versailles won't be leaving any time soon, and many more are still incoming.
This has the following ramifications, which people should feel free to use in their logs:
- The station is very crowded, despite most of the YaDallans being restricted to the packed-out "Shanty Town".
- The Shanty Town is full of desperate sorts. Expect thievery, assaults, and many wounded people.
- YaDallan gangs are now on the station. They are preying on the weak in the Shanty Town, and their actions need to be curtailed.
- Some Versailles folks look down on the refugees. Expect hate crimes, intolerance, and slurs.
- The pressure on life support has caused power and food rationing, to ensure we still have power for defences if the still-warring Romulans and Klingons drop by, or even pirates. This means the locals have even more reason to hate the YaDallans, and there may be brown outs too.
- Live bands and aid organisations are on the station in force, to help the refugees. Feel free to help them out, or discover nefarious motives behind their "charity". People smuggling maybe.
- Three large ships, including the Timmis, are inbound with a massive bunch of refugees. Feel free to ping your pals on the Timmis for a JL when they arrive.
Lastly, do note that this a new plot line will arrive within the next week or two, once people have had a chance to breathe. It has been planned, and should be a great deal of fun. :)
Until then, roll out the futon ma; we've got a lot of guests.
Brigadier General Jonathan Grey
Latest Mission Posts
=^= Medical Centre =^=
The beds were full of patients, some sedated, and some gritting their teeth in discomfort. Blood dripped from wounds left untreated, as the overwhelming number of patients put the medical staff under intense pressure. Visitors that had brought the wounded in were forced to stand, leaving…
OOC: Last time, Amanda led the evacuation efforts when the black hole arrived. A mob quickly gathered at one of the busier docking ports, and our XO valiantly led a posse of our fiercest security staff in their efforts to ensure that the station's children were given priority. Many thousands…
=^= Outer Ring, Gold Sector, Residential Zone R =^=
Pipes ran through across the ceiling, and a few leaked water onto the deck. Some had cloths tied around them to help staunch the leaks, and a pair of boys were taking it in turns to sit on each others' shoulders,…
=^= Outer Ring, Gold Sector, Residence R19 =^=
Water trickled down the wall, quickly interrupted by a flurry of toweling.
Lucy swung the dirty cloth over her shoulder, and peered at the pipe in the wall. With both hands, she lifted a wrench into the space and locked it around…
=^= Promenade =^=
Grey stepped out onto the promenade, with a pair of marines hot on his heels.
"Corporal." said the General.
"Sir?" inquired the marine behind him.
"You're standing on my heels."
"Oh." said the Corporal, looking down and spotting that he'd crushed the backs of the station CO's…
Latest Personal Logs
Posted on Tue Aug 14th, 2018 @ 1:19am by Lieutenant Commander Richard Groves
As Richard and Luna arrived back at the entrance to 'their' quarters, the lights on the deck gently raised from night to day mode. It was 5.30am, and Alpha shift where due to come on shift in the next hour and thirty minutes.
As the doors slid behind them, the…
Posted on Sun Aug 12th, 2018 @ 5:30am by Lieutenant Commander Richard Groves
The computer chime increased in volume from a gentle beep, to something akin to a Red Alert klaxon. Richard, a 30 something human, originally from downtown Trilista, pawed at his bed side table and just managed to tap the controls to cancel the alarm.
With huff and a gruff, he…
Posted on Tue Jan 9th, 2018 @ 9:13pm by 1st Lieutenant Merlar R'heil
Merlar had just gotten back from duty, she needed time to relax.
She paced about with her feet, and her tail wagging as usual.
Mer just felt exausted but she managed to grab herself some caitian juice to cure her dry mouth she looked out the window into space just…